This sandwich recipe has summer grilling written all over it! It takes the classic BLT recipe and adds in juicy grilled chicken thighs and smoked gouda for an elevated, smoky, and satisfying sandwich! Chicken can be grilled on an outdoor grill or an indoor grill pan.Continue reading →
Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
Unlike most slow cooker recipes, there is a secret step that happens just before serving. After the chicken is cooked, you separate the chicken from the broth and then reduce the broth in a saucepan with a few additional ingredients. The result is a flavor packed BBQ sauce. The reduced sauce is the secret step that separates this recipe from all other slow cooker pulled chicke recipes.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon chicken rub (I used the FOX brothers BBQ Chicken Rub – if salt is not an ingredient in your rub be sure to salt your chicken to taste)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup BBQ Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar + 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 4 brioche buns
- Add the chicken, rub, orange juice, BBQ sauce, 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, and onion in the slow cooker and mix with a spatula until the chicken is fully coated.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 6-8 hours (internal temperature of the chicken should reach 165 degrees F)
- After cooking, remove all the chicken from the broth and shred it using two forks.
- Pour the broth into a medium saucepan and add in 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and apple cider viegar.
- Boil over high heat for 8-10 minutes or until the broth has thickened into a BBQ sauce consistency.
- Serve the chicken on buns and top chicken with the remaining sauce.
And that’s a wrap for this week on Pinch Plate Party. It was spring break this week so things were a litlte more laid back!
Be sure to check out this post for a recap of what we did, what we ate, and what we used this week! If you’re interested in the weekly menu just check out the “on The Menu” section for each weekday.
What We Did
Pressure washed the back deck.
On The Menu
Links for the Day
What We Did
Shopped at Home Depot for herbs and vegetables for the backyard potted garden