The summer brings long days and lazy afternoons. I like to keep that in mind while cooking in the summer. I want to enjoy as much of my day as I can while spending the least amount of time in the kitchen.
I came up with this Spicy and Smoky Grilled Shrimp recipe bcause it’s quick and pairs well with other summer side dishes such as pasta salad, baked beans, roasted potatoes, or grilled vegetables. Back in February I went to Madrid, Spain and while I was there I purchached some smoked paprika. I love this stuff (and does my husband) and I wanted to use this spice in a quick summer recipe. This recipes takes the smokiness of the paprika and combines well with the spice of the ground red pepper to really give your taste buds a kick.The great thing about this recipes is that it’s less than 15 minutes from start to finish. It’s basically a one and done — you combine all the ingredient in one bowl and let it all mariniate while you heat up your grill pan.
You grill the shrimp on one side for a few minutes, flip, and then grill the other side. It’s as simple as that!
I served my shrimp with a light and fresh orzo salad. The freshness of the cucumber, lemon, feta, and fresh herbs contrasts well with the bold flavors of the shrimp. The recipe is from the blog Fork Knife Swoon and can be found by clicking HERE.
The recipe is below! I hope you have a chance to give these shrimp a try! Share in the comments what you think or if you have any questions.
Spicy and Smoky Grilled Shrimp
These spicy shrimp are cooked on an indoor grill pan. Spanish smoked paprika gives these shrimp the flavor that is traditionally found by grilling over charcoal.
I recommend using a cast iron grill pan for this recipe. If you don’t have a grill pan use a frying pan of your choice (and be sure to add a little oil to the pan before cooking). Without the grill pan you wont be able to get the charred grill marks.
- 1 lb raw medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1-1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp Spanish Smoked Paprika (regular paprika will work as well but you will lose the smoky flavor)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients until the shrimp all well coated.
- Set shrimp aside to marinate for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a cast iron grill pan over medium heat.
- Individually place shrimp on grill pan making sure no shrimp overlap.
- Grill for 2-3 minutes per side or until shirmp are cooked to your liking.
- Remove from grill and serve with a light and refreshing summer side dish.
5 responses to “Perfect Recipe for Summer: Spicy and Smoky Grilled Shrimp”
Wow! This looks so good, I’m definitely going to try this out, I love a good shrimp recipe. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you! I hope you try out the recipe and if you do, let me know what you think!
I’ve made it twice now! So yummy. The pasta salad is perfect with it. 🙂
This looks really delicious!