I triple dog dare you to try this donut burger…
I am an Atlanta native and one thing I love about my city is the food here. We have so many great restaurants — some old, some new, and some that aren’t going anywhere anytime soon. Cypress Street Pint and Plate is one of my favorite Atlanta Restaurants. It’s located at the corner of Cypress Street and 6th street.
My favorite item on Cypress Street’s menu is their Sublime Burger. The Sublime Burger is a bacon cheeseburger served on two donuts (instead of burger buns). I have done my best to create an at home version of the burger. I don’t suggest trying this burger if you’re on a diet… But if you want to try something new and delicious, then this is the burger for you.
If you like Cypress Street’s Sublime Burger then you’ll love my Double Donut Burger. Dense grocery store donuts work best for this recipe because they are sturdy enough to handle the weight of a heavy burger patty. Although I don’t include a recipe for a side dish. These burger taste great with french fries, a salad, or potato tots.
The donuts for the burger can be cooked in any type of flat bottomed pan, but I suggest using a cast iron grill pan. I own the Lodge Reversible Grid/Iron Griddle. Is a great pan because it can be used for almost any type of cooking.
Double Donut Burger
Total Time: 10 Minutes | 1 Serving
Recommended Specialty Cookware: Cast Iron Griddle
- 1 hamburger patty cooked to 160F
- 2 grocery store donuts (Publix brand is good if you live in the south)
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- 3 slices cooked bacon
- Preheat a griddle or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Place both donuts into your preheated grill pan and cook on each side for 1-2 minutes, or until the sugar on each side is caramelized.
- Use one donut as the bottom bun for the hamburger.
- Top the donut with a warm hamburger patty and add one slice of cheddar cheese.
- Add bacon slices to the top of the burger patty and then use the second donut as the top burger bun.
- Serve warm.